THE NATIONAL KAKAMOTOBI (MASQUERADERS) STREET CARNIVAL 2017, is a day out for adult, corporate bodies, societies, children, families and the general public. The Street Carnival is a day outdoor event with street procession of organised Kakamotobi groups through the principal streets of Accra. The event will take place on 23rd (SATURDAY) DECEMBER 2017, 8am to 5pm, Accra Sports Stadium (CAR PARK, End point). Theme “One Nation One Destiny”. The objectives of the Carnival are:
- Create outdoor fun and leisure for all
- Promote domestic tourism in Ghana
- Promote national unity through entertainment
- Ghana as preferred Masquerade Carnival in Africa.
The event will bring together over five hundred (500) Kakamotobi from around the country to participant (Cape Coast, Winneba, Sekondi Takorade, Elmina) in a day-out of fun, brass band music, dance and fancy dressing. It an event that you will definitely not want to miss!
- The procession of brass band, masqueraders and corporate/ organizational participants will have two (2) starting points. PROCESSION “A”, will start from MANSTE AGBONAA James Town, through the high street to Accra Sports Stadium. (Car Park).
- The PROCESSION “B” will start from DANQUAH CIRCLE through Oxford Street to Accra Sport Stadium (Car Park).
- Followed by the KAKAMOTO DANCE COMPETITION, for the best MOTOBI OF THE YEAR.
The event is being organised by Ghana Domestic Tourism Company in collaboration with Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Ghana Association of Kakamotobi (GAK) and Ghana Tourism Authority. MOTOBI CARNIVAL is fun for all!!